What really pisses you off? Is it relationship problems? Is it being stereotyped or labeled? Is it a horrible website? Is it work? Here are twenty five peeves that will be sure to irritate the hell out of you.
- Pushing My Buggy, Er, Shopping Cart
Discusses the cultural differences in ordering sodas, saying Nevada, and pushing around a shopping cart.
- Vain Celebrity Fair by Vivien.
A peeve about why celebrities can get away with so much and our obsession with celebrities in general.
- Is Love at First Sight Sex at First Light? by Bes Zain
Is it really love at first sight, or it something else?
- My Lifestyle is My Personality, Not My Country by Jess
Just because you are from a particular ethnicity doesn’t mean you are to behave in a certain way.
- What Happened to the Revolution? by JH Siess, Esq.
A peeve about reality TV and how women are being wrongly influenced by these types of shows.
- The Most Infuriating Misconceptions by Vivien.
A mother doesn’t have to choose between family and career, the capital of Canada is not Toronto, and not everyone can become a web designer.
- Tattoos Are For a Lifetime
Tattoos are for a lifetime and not just for the moment as some people might suspect.
- Taking a Simple “I have to go” Out of Context by Bes Zain
When someone has to go, let him/her go. Don’t take it personal.
- The Art of Misconceptions by Jess
Life is all about misconceptions, whether we’re labelled incorrectly or a conversation is taken out of context.
- Parents – It’s Not “All About The Kids” by Rory Sullivan
It’s not exactly wrong to tell your child “No”.
- My Favorite Job Hunting Pet Peeve by Jacob Share
Job hunting can be a pain, especially when nobody cares about your career but yourself.
- Pet Peeves Around the Office by G.L. Hoffman
Various office peeves including people not making the coffee, gum chewers, and more.
- Work Place Annoyances (Speakerphones, Nail Clippings, etc…)
Work isn’t always fun. Speakerphones, nail clippings, and other annoyances can drive you crazy.
- Thank You For Your Opinion, But No Thanks by Bes Zain
A peeve about how many people ask for your opinion, but not many people act on it.
- The Joys of Working Retail by Jess
Retail is not the perfect job. People take credit for your work, and the boss gets on your nerves.
- Mixing Spam and Invitation Perceptions Together by Bes Zain
It’s an invitation to test out a new website. You feel special. Then you delve closer… and realize it’s just spam.
- 5 Reasons Why I Hate Your Site by Luis Cruz
There are some things to be hated. One of those is crappy websites.
- A Website is About the Content, Not the Bling by Shane
There are bad websites. And then there are BAD websites. Too much bling doesn’t make a website better.
- Can You Complain When Something is Free?
Open source is all about giving out stuff for free. But what is the real cost of giving stuff away?
- Viva Free Internet by Vivien.
Why does getting wireless Internet still cost an arm and a leg?
- Stereotyping Serves No Purpose But to Hurt by Ranjani
For all of our sanity, stereotyping, this one descent into madness â€” this childish slander upon people of our world â€” forever condemns us to regard others (and be regarded by others) as second-class citizens of the same planet.
- All In Favor of Being Stereotyped, Please Raise Your Hand by Cetroyer
Being a young adult, one should be partying and chasing the girls, right? Or, as a Christian, one should always be in church, right? Or, maybe not.
- Not So Beautiful Stereotype On Physical Attractiveness by Vivien.
Being beautiful no longer has to be natural. It can be achieved, if you are willing to pay. However, there is a bigger price to be paid that hardly anyone talks about.
- Men With Long Hair
Not all men with long hair are gay, bikers, criminals, or have tattoos.
- Please Stereotype Me In 5 Ways! by Bes Zain
Are you gay, Jewish, gangsta, a girl, Asian, or some other “label.” Stop labeling yourself and stop letting people label you.
Peeve Week Contributors
An extra special thanks goes out to all of the Peeve Week 2 contributors. You not only made Peeve Week 2 a tremendous success, but you helped give the blogosphere twenty-five awesome peeve posts. An extra extra special thanks goes out to Bes, Vivien, and Jess, who contributed a total of twelve posts combined to Peeve Week.
- Bes Zain
- G.L. Hoffman
- Jacob Share
- JH Siess, Esq.
- Luis Cruz
- Rory Sullivan
Peeve Week 2 Conclusion
I personally had a lot of fun reading all of the various Peeve Week 2 entries. I am thankful for the authors that did decide to participate, and am thankful that the readers didn’t mutilate me for the sudden onslaught of posts.